One of them can be done by locking folders or files on a laptop or PC specifically for those of you who use Windows OS.
You can choose certain options that are easiest and according to the capacity of the Windows operating system on your PC.
How to You Lock Folders in Windows
1. How to Lock Folders in Windows 10 Without Apps
The first way is how to lock a folder without an application in Windows 10.
- You create a new folder by right-clicking, then selecting New Folder.
- Or click on the New Folder menu tab in your Windows Explorer window.
- Go to the folder you just created by double-clicking Folder.
- Create a text file by right-clicking in a free area, then selecting New > Text Document.
- Enter the key script in the text window.
- You can copy-paste the following script
title Folder Private
if EXIST “HTG Locker” goto UNLOCK
if NOT EXIST Private goto MDLOCKER
echo Are you sure you want to lock the folder(Y/N)
if %cho% ==Y goto LOCK
if %cho%==y goto LOCK
if %cho%==n goto END
if %cho%==N goto END
echo Invalid choice.
ren Private “HTG Locker”
attrib +h +s “HTG Locker”
echo Folder locked
echo Enter password to unlock folder
if NOT %pass%== PASSWORD_DISINI goto FAIL
attrib -h -s “HTG Locker”
echo Folder Unlocked successfully
echo Invalid password
echo Private created successfully
- In the script above you can see that there is a code or writing PASSWORD_DISINI.
- Change the code with the new password you want.
- Save the file by clicking File > Save As.
- Type in the file name “locker.bat” or “lock folder.bat” box.
- Click in the Save as type column from (*txt) to All Files, then click Save.
- Automatically the file will become a key file with a serrated image.
- Double-click on the locker file, then the Private folder will appear automatically.
- Move all files that you want to hide into this Private folder.
- After moving the file to hide, double-click on the locker.bat file again.
- A new window will appear asking if you are sure to lock the folder>
- Press the Y key on the keyboard, then Enter.
- The private folder will disappear, to open it you can double click the file locker again.
- Then enter the password you created earlier, press Enter.
2. Lock a Folder on a Laptop With a Password Using the Folder Guard Application
The second way is how to lock a folder on a laptop with a password using an application called Folder Guard.
- Download the Folder Guard application via the following link ( Download Folder Guard Application ).
- Choose Download Free Trial of Folder Guard to try it for free.
- Download the License Key on the site.
- After the installation is complete, enter the new password, click the box to check, OK.
- In the new window click the “Lock a folder with a password” option.
- Click Browse for folders.
- Find and select the folder you want to protect from your computer.
- Click OK.
- Enter a new special password to protect the selected folder.
- Click Next to the end to follow the default rules, then click Finish.
- The folder you want is already locked, then activate protection by clicking Protect.
- To open it again click Unlock in the folder where the file is protected.
3. Lock Files on a Laptop Using a Secret Folder
The third way is how to lock files on a windows laptop using an application called Secret Folder.
- Download the Secret Folder application via the following link ( Download the Secret Folder Application ).
- Download the file in the form of a Zip, open the .exe file then click Run to install.
- Follow all the default rules in the installation process, set a password after the approval window.
- Enter a valid email address for account recovery, click OK.
- Click the +Add menu in the upper left corner.
- Select the folder you want to protect on your computer, click OK.
- Click Lock with a closed padlock icon.
- The folder will be hidden, to open it enter this application then click Unlock.